Sunday, February 8, 2009

Its been a while

So it has been a little while since I have posted. We have been way busy lately. I wish it was doing fun things but it hasn't been. I have been working alot so I can earn as much vacation as I can before I have the baby. This week I had the flu that lasted 3 days. It was no fun at all. At the same time Kaylee has had a really high fever since Tuesday. I thought it was because she was getting more teeth but her temp. kept getting higher and higher. I finally called the doctors on Thursday cuz her temp was at 104.5 which I thought was way to high for teething. I took her and they did a couple of different tests. They had to put a catheter in so they could test her urine to see if she had an infection. She did not like that at all. That came back negative so then they decided to do a strep test. That came back negative too. We were at the doctors for about 3 hours trying to figure something out but still there was nothing. He sent us home and told me to watch her to make sure she doesn't have seizures again like she did about 4 months ago when she had a really high fever. He told me if she wasn't better by Friday then bringing her back and they would do blood test to see if that found anything. Her fever stayed that high all night and the next day so i took her in to do the blood test and of course nothing came out of that either. I finally asked if we could do a chest x-ray to see if she had pneumonia. He thought that was kind of weird but we did it anyways. And I was right she had pneumonia. It was kind of weird cuz she had no other symptoms but and least we finally figured it out. Her temp has finally got down to the 100 to 101 range so she is making progress. Hopefully she will start sleeping through the night again soon. I don't know how many more nights I can keep waking up every 20 minutes to half hour.

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

AWE POOR LITTLE GIRL, AND I SHOULD SAY POOR MOM! I HATE SICK KIDS AND I BET IT'S EVEN MORE FRUSTATING NOT KNOWING WHAT THE MATTER IS! WELL, I'M GLAD YOU WERE THE DR. IN THE CASE TO FIGURE OUT WHAT WAS WRONG! THERE'S BEEN ALOT OF KIDS GETTING IT THIS SEASON! I HOPE ALL IS GETTING BETTER AND YOU GUYS ARE GETTING A LITTLE MORE REST! HOW MUCH LONGER TILL THE BABES COMES? HOW ARE YOU FEELING? GOOD LUCK!

Kimberly said...

That is so awful, I hope she is feeling better this morning. Its about time you updated your Blog, and by the way Christmas is over....And don't say you are busy, that didn't fly when my Blog was behind.

Unknown said...

It is always good to listen to you motherly instincts. I remember the doctor told me when Jesse was 9 months that he didnt have RSV, but I insisted on getting the test done anyways, the doctor argued with me for a 1/2 hour and then he let me take him to the hospital to get the test done...well it was a big fat POSITIVE..The doctor called me the next day and apolagized for not listening to me.